- "Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
- what so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming..."
- [excerpt from "The Star Spangle Banner," national anthem of USA]
|We observe several stages in the conflict:||(cp. parallel to Rom 8:33,34)|
|-He does valiantly.-|
- - the cross, Joh 12:31-33
- - the resurrection, Rom 4:25
|"It is Christ that died,|
that is risen again..."
|-He is exalted.-|
- - the ascension, Eph 1:19-21
|"...who is even at the right hand of God..."|
|-He does valiantly:-|
- - His present work for us.
- - His future work of judgment (cp. vs.10-12).
|"...who also maketh intercession for us."|
- "Jesus lives, and so shall I.
- Death, thy sting is gone forever!
- He who deigned for me to die,
- Lives, the bands of death to sever.
- He shall raise me with the just:
- Jesus is my Hope and Trust."
- [hymn "Jesus Lives and So Shall I,"by Christian F. Gellert]