Bible Study Outlines
Volume 4, Lesson 6
by C.I. Scofield
The Chosen Family, Part III
Spiritual Crisis and Bondage
The covenant with Abraham, confirmed to Isaac and to Jacob, had one emphatic condition of blessing -- the chosen family must abide in the land. The covenanted blessings were there (Exodus 3:8; 33:1-3; Deuteronomy 8:7-10; 11:10-12; 26:15). A New Testament type relating to these blessings can be found in respect to believers. As the Israelite's blessing was in the land, so the Christian's blessing is "in Christ."
- Promised blessings to Israel
Promised blessings to the Church
Israel and Failure
- Genesis 26:1-4 -- "Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land... sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and I will bless thee"
The Christian and failure
- Coming out, but not entering in
- Genesis 11:31 -- "They went forth... to go into the land of Canaan; they came to Haran, and dwelt there"
- Under testing, they forsake the land
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 4 menu
- The Christian is "in Christ Jesus" through a divine work
- 1Corinthians 12:12,13 -- "Many members... one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body"
- John 15:5 -- "I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in Me... bringeth forth much fruit" (see John 15:1-17)
- Restoration to fellowship and blessing
- 1John 1:9 -- "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive." A believer's fellowship is restored (see 1John 1:1-10).
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.