Bible Study Outlines
Volume 2, Lesson 20
by C.I. Scofield
The Promise of Christ
Read Isaiah 53 and Jeremiah 33. To understand these central chapters in the Old Testament dealing with Christ, it is important to consider other key Scriptures that focus on the line of Messianic promise.
- The seed of the woman
The Messiah's earthly lineage can be traced through history.
A virgin's Son
- Genesis 3:15 - "Her Seed... shall bruise thy head." Through the lineage of Adam.
- Genesis 4:25 - "God... hath appointed me another seed." Through the lineage of Seth.
- Genesis 9:9 - "I establish My covenant with you." Through the lineage of Noah.
- Genesis 17:19 - "I will establish My covenant with him." Through Isaac, not Ishmael.
- Genesis 32:28 - "Israel." Through the lineage of Jacob, renamed Israel.
- Genesis 49:10 - "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah." Through the tribe of Judah.
- 2Samuel 7:12 - "Thy seed after thee." Through the lineage of David.
- Matthew 1:1-16 - "Jesus Christ the Son of David"
The Divine-Human King
The humiliation and salvation of Christ
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 2 menu
- Isaiah 7:14 - "A virgin shall... bear a Son... Immanuel." This name means "God with us."
- Matthew 1:23 - "A virgin... Emmanuel"
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.