Bible Study Outlines
Volume 2, Lesson 6
by C.I. Scofield
The Believer Has Been "Made..."
In the last lesson, we saw what Christ was "made" for us. In this lesson, we are to see what we have been "made" in Him. We often see people, proud of being what they call "self-made," but the believer can never boast of being self-made. Everything that the child of God is, he has been "made" by God, and he has nothing to glory in, "save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Galatians 6:14), and must say with Paul, "By the grace of God I am what I am" (1Corinthians 15:10).
- The believer has been made righteous
All our righteousnesses (our best deeds, such as alms-giving, church going, etc.) are "filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6), but in Christ every believer is made perfectly, spotlessly righteous. Nothing we can do can make the righteousness of God more perfect.
The believer has been made free
The believer has been made near to God
- Galatians 5:1 - "Stand fast... in the liberty." Free from the Law.
- Romans 6:18 - "Free from sin." Free from the power and dominion of our sinful nature.
The believer has been given acceptance with God
- Ephesians 2:13 - "Made nigh"
"So near, so very near to God,
I can no nearer be;
For in the person of His Son
I am as near as He." -- C.Paget
The believer has been given riches
The believer has been given a position
- Ephesians 1:6 - "He hath made us accepted in the Beloved." How many uninstructed saints are wondering if they are really accepted of God, when all the while He has made them accepted.
The believer has been given a rank in the kingdom
- Ephesians 2:6 - "Made us sit... in heavenly places." This is not some future blessedness. It is our present position: "Hath... made us sit."
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 2 menu
- Revelation 1:6 - "Made us kings and priests." The poorest and humblest believer on earth is, in God's sight, and before the hosts of heaven, a king and a priest.
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.