Bible Study Outlines
Volume 1, Lesson 12
by C.I. Scofield
Satan, Part I
His Personality and History
- Satan is a person
The words implying and asserting that Satan is a person and not merely an "evil influence personified" are in every passage referring to him.
Satan has ever sought an embodiment in human beings
- Job 1:6-12 - "Satan came... going to and fro in the earth... Satan answered"
- 1Chronicles 21:1 - "And Satan stood up... and provoked David"
- Matthew 4:1-11 - "[The Tempter] said... if thou wilt worship me... Then the devil leaveth Him"
- John 8:44 - "He was a murderer... he is a liar"
- 1Peter 5:8 - "The devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour"
His origin and history -- Old Testament
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 1 menu
- In the serpent in Eden
- In a king of Babylon
- Isaiah 14:4-19 - "Lucifer, son of the morning." The language goes beyond the mere king in whom Satan had been embodied. Verses 12-19 also look ahead to Satan's last embodiment (Revelation 13:2,4)
- In a king of Tyre
- Ezekiel 28:11-15 - "Thou hast been in Eden... Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth... thou wast... created"
- In the beast out of the sea
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.